Friday, April 20, 2007

Birth of tha hustle

While I was in high school I would think about ways to get paid. Back then the best times was the times I was getting money. I would be in class and the teacher was teaching. Being around the same people for 180 day out of the whole year was bound to make your mind wonder off some times. As she was talking a thought came to my mind. Since I was working at a local grocery store I figured that I could find some goods to sell in school. That was the hardest step. The easiest step was what to sell. I knew that everyone in school were fens for chocolate so I figured that that’s what I needed to sell. That was the birth of my hustle.
I went to work later that day. I couldn’t work without thinking about how much money I could make. As the time passed I got more nervous. I was going to make my first purchase to stat up my business and I couldn’t help being excited. Hours passed and sweat dried up as I fished that day at work. The purchasing of my goods was here. I went to the candy aisle and went crazy. I had everything from starburst to M@Ms. Before I knew it I was up to 100 dollars in candy. I checked out and was on my way home.
Later that night I had a talk with my mom. She asked me what I was going to do if my business fell on its face. I had no answer. She was saying that I shouldn’t have purchases so much stuff. I went to sleep that night and dreamed that no one was buying my product. I just wasted 100 dollars and I had nothing to show for it. My alarm clock couldn’t some soon enough as I soon woke up. I took a shower and the whole nine and went to school that day not knowing what to expect.
The school bell rung to begin the day and I started out by telling everyone about my business. Everyone loved the idea of supporting me rather than the school. Soon they came by the flocks. Everybody from students to facility members want to buy things off of me. Twenty four hours later I sold out and made about 300 dollars that day. I was overjoyed and I knew that this moment I was going through was one of the best moments of my life.
I continued to sell candy but I never had a day like that again. I would still make about 50 dollars per day. The school started cracking down on me but they couldn’t put a complete stop to it. During that time I pursuit money and that was the good life to me. No one can ever take that away from me.

5 comments:

Patrick Sullivan said...

Spending 100 dollars on candy at the grocery store! I bet you came close to buying the whole candy section. Turning out 100 dollars worth of candy and making 300 dollars 24 hours later is amazing. You need to teach me how to hustle like that, sounds like some easy fast cash. What did the teachers say to you? How can they tell you to stop your buisness.

Patrick Sullivan said...

Spending 100 dollars on candy at the grocery store! I bet you came close to buying the whole candy section. Turning out 100 dollars worth of candy and making 300 dollars 24 hours later is amazing. You need to teach me how to hustle like that, sounds like some easy fast cash. What did the teachers say to you? How can they tell you to stop your buisness.

JanelleTravels said...

Geez why didnt I think of doing that?! Our school would have probably made us stop selling candy for some lame reason. The candy at school was always so expensive and the people selling it would always hassle you to buy it. Like I said, why didnt I think of that.....very good idea and great entry!

Cap'n Fatback said...

Very enterprising, Mr A. Good topic for the blog, and perhaps worth future blog posts (like how you circumvented the school officials to keep from getting caught). Again, work on proofreading ("chocolate "fiends," students and "faculty"). Also put a space between your paragraphs. And where is the link?

3/5 (Proofreading, no link)

JKA said...

I used to sell candy at highschool. Except replace the word candy with human organs, and replace the word highschool with Iran.