Friday, April 6, 2007

Pursuit of a good time

I think that the pursuit of a good time is what keeps me going. Life is hard. Sometimes I find myself getting caught up in the darker moments of my days. I’m always worrying about the materialistic things. These things include school, work, and my well being. They are of course things that one should always be worried about, but not too much. So sometimes I need a good time to get my mind off these worries and to relax. The pursuit of a good time might include the pursuit of ladies, the pursuit of money, and pursuing a goal I’ve seat for myself.
For the pursuit of ladies I have a story that took place in my senior year of high school. It was a chase I had in my mother’s car. My friend and I had gotten into an argument earlier that day. After the chase our day got a lot better. It wasn’t anything dangerous. It was just a time that kept my mind off the future for a wile.
Money is something that is always worrying me. Everything I do in life seams to revolve around money. The thing is after I get it I can have a good time with it. I can buy almost any thing with it. After I use it I have find another way to get it. It may be the same way I got it the first time or I may have found another way to get it.
Another way I fell that good times will come around more often is if I reach goals that I set for myself. Some goals that I set are not as important to me later than when I originally seat them. Now that I’m in college the ultimate goal is to graduate with a degree in engineering. I know that this is what my life depends on. At times I get a little side tracked. The people that I’m always around give me extra motivation. There are things that happen during my days that also help me keep focused. For example I see others doing well and that makes me want to do well. I feel that if I can reach my goal I will a happier person. Soon the good times will come rolling in and I will overall be a happier person.
In the end the pursuit of a good time keeps me going. There are examples of people doing well that make me want to do the same way. Ladies as well as money keeps me going as well. If I can keep on going I feel that I can do anything. That to me will be the best time of all is when I prove I can.

2 comments:

jessica myers said...

I really liked your post because I feel that you have hit a subject that affects everyone. The pursuit of money is a struggle sometimes but I believe if you keep yourself focused, work hard in school, and set your mind to your goals, you will receive almost anything you want, in regards to money, ladies, and well-being.

I personally have the same ambition you do. I am always looking for ways to better myself, so that I can receive more money. School can get a little stressful, but it will be worth all the trouble and agony in the end. I really like how you explained stories to go along with all your theories such as pursuit of money, ladies, and your goals. Really let me know just how far your willing to go.

I hope that in due time, you reach your desired goals that you have set and beyond more. Just remember stay focused, and you'll be able to do anything you set your mind to. My mother gave me that advice, and that is what has got me this far. :)

Cap'n Fatback said...

Oluseyi--A nice, lengthy blog, although I will caution you tom watch repetition. Read this post out loud, and you might notice areas that need to be reworded, restructured, or even removed. 5/5