Friday, April 13, 2007

The good times

Good times have been unpredictable for as long as I can remember. They come around in a variety of ways. The most common ways that good times come around are hype nights and surprise nights. Planed times tend to come around more than surprise times. The times that are planed are usually fun but they usually never live up to the hype. Surprise nights are usually the best times.
Planed nights are nights that you want to be fun. During the day before these nights people buy new outfits. I usually go all out and get a hat that matches my brand new outfit. There always talk about what is going on that is suppose to be so fun. It seams every where you go the event is on everyone’s mind. Everything from Sports to Parting nights get blown up that when the event comes around is not as good as one expects. It is not true for all events. There are times where the event exceeds the hype, but usually that’s not the case.
Unplanned events are usually the best. It could be something as simple as a bored late night in a college dorm. If you are not bored by yourself it could be the makings of a fun time. Multiple things could get started. As a college student the wildest of things can happen. If you don’t plan it it’s almost always going to be better than expected. The unexpected is always what we as human beings always remember.
These kinds of times are unpredictable. The planed times could be fun. Most times you know that this time can be fun. There usually organized, and if something goes wrong there are always back up plans. As for unplanned times when things go wrong they usually are the worst things possible. That’s why I take the times as they come. You will never know what you will get.

5 comments:

Patrick Sullivan said...

Good post. I hate when your all hyped up for planned events and they end up being a bust. Last night was definitly an unplanned event but it was a good time, good seeing you their.

jessica myers said...

Boy I hear you! Planned events pretty much don't compare to those of suprise or even hype ones. Just don't get the same vibe from it. The thing that gets me though, is that I have a hard time not doing things that are planned. Im the type of person who just likes to know what I am doing, but a little chaos every now and then, makes for a nice get-a-way. Oh, and I definitely can relate to the whole outfit thing. If I know it's supposed to be a good night, good plans, I go shop for a great looking outfit, so that I know I look good!!:) Get shoes, to match that outfit as well. You got to look good though, because you never know who your going to impress on first impressions. Those are the most crucial;however, as long as you have a good time that night, and are happy with your "new outfit" for the night, everything should be good.

Cap'n Fatback said...

Mr. Adesulu--

The topic--planned fun vs. surprise fun--is a worthy one, but it sounds as if you are repeating yourself a bit here. To avoid that, let me suggest that you include specific details by giving an extended anecdote about both a planned (not planed) and an unplanned event. You also want to try to work on sentence combining--quite a bit of shorter sentences here. Keep it up! 4/5

Cap'n Fatback said...

Oh, and be sure to get your list of links to your classmates' blogs up!

Elizabeth Gehres said...

I can deffently relate to what your saying in your post. I seem to have more a good time when things aren't planned, even though I like to have things planned out. But it just seems like people have more fun with a party or get-togeather just falls into place at the last second,not when its been planned for forever. I also like to try to look my best for parties..I usually dont go out and buy a new outfit but I try to find something cute and semi-new that I have to wear!