Friday, May 4, 2007

Hats

Hats
I love hats. I have 27 hanging up on my wall. The worst part about that is that I lost about ten from things to misplacement to it actually getting stolen from me. Even when these things happen I will go to the store and get another hat. I do have rules on how my hats have to be. There are some that are not real. In other words if the hat doesn’t have 59/50 inside the hat I am not wearing it. There are some acceptations to the rule. For example I may wear rebook hats or Mitchell and Ness but for the most part I only where 59/50 on my head.

On a regular day I will think about hats. If I need a new one I will go to look at my wall and say in my head that I need a new hat. When these situations come up I usually know what I what to get. I will think about how much money I will need to get the hat. It is usually 27.48 which is a small price to pay for something so beautiful. Then I will be on my way. Out the house I fly to my car then I fly to the mall. It seams like an entirety to get there because I so anxious to get to the mall. In the blink of an eye I'm there and I go through the mall observing all of god’s creations. Soon I see big bold letters saying Lids and right then I know that the world could come to and end and I would even panic because I know lids is with me.

There is no better felling than to go to lids and give them my discount card and say something like “Let me get that all black Indians hat.” And it doesn’t end there. I am convinced that I’ve been put on this earth to give New Era employees a hard time. I then give them my second round of request and say please get me a hat from the back because I know that all display hats are the dirty hats. Afterwards when getting ready to ring out I’ll see another hat that I want to buy. It becomes one of those days that instead of spending 27.48 I’ll be spending 54.96. I don’t care it will be 54.96. Then I give them my credit card and then I am on my way.

I am on my way out and the things that I complain about don’t seam as important anymore. People that I get into small arguments in the near past are forgiven. When I get new hats life becomes that much more beautiful. Sometimes I think how can something so small as a hat make me feel this way. I never find out, but it doesn’t bother me. I’m feeling good and that’s all that matters.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hey now! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Most of the rest of the bloggers in that book get hundreds to thousands of hits a day, most are internet famous, and some are even famous in the real world (and on The Real World). I have trouble getting anybody to even read my blog anymore. Why do I even bother writing it for all these years? I can't not write. It's like an addiction.

Cap'n Fatback said...

Mr A.--

You chose an interesting topic here and write plenty, but I'm going to call you out on posting this 50 minutes after class started (I'm assuming you wrote longhand before class and typed it up during class).

Some questions about the post:

Do you mean all hates or just baseball caps?

Why are baseball caps so important to you? (This explanation is integral to having readers get where you are coming from.)

Are you being ironic when you call items in the mall "all of god’s creations"?

Why is it so important for the label to read "59/50"?

Some nice stuff here, but more explication needed.

3/5 (late post, no link)